5. Tea Compress
Tea is full of antioxidants, caffeine and tannins, all which work collected as a remedy for dark circles and puffy eyes. To create a tea compress:
- Make a cup of green or black tea then wait for it to cool.
- Soak cotton pads in the cup then apply to your under eyes. You can also use cooled tea bags.
- Let the treatment sit for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Herbal Ice Cubes
- Ice has a tightening effect on the skin. It makes the skin more elastic while flattening wrinkles and reducing puffiness. Freeze an herbal brew into ice cubes to make this remedy super effective!
- Take 1 teaspoon of sage leaves, parsley, cornflowers and chamomile flowers for every 200ml of water.
- Pour boiling water over the herbs and let sit for about two hours.
- Let the mixture cool then pour into ice moulds and store in the freezer.
- Each morning, rub the areas around your eyes with an ice cube for about 30 seconds.
Lightly massaging under the eyes then applying moisturizing eye cream can help encourage blood flow, reduce dry skin and get rid of dark circles.
- Use your fingertips to lightly massage the area under your eyes for 2-3 minutes.
- Move from your temples to your nasal bride along your lower lid.
- Don’t massage your upper lid – it will put too much pressure on your eyes.
- Apply a natural moisturizing eye cream to make sure the massage doesn’t stretch your skin.